Go8 Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme
This scheme is a joint initiative of the Go8 and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Germany's national agency for the support of international academic co-operation.
It is one of the world's largest and most respected organisations in its field. Its mission is to advance Germany’s international engagement in the fields of education, science, culture and research.
The scheme aims to:
- Foster research collaboration of the highest quality between Australian researchers from Go8 universities and German researchers.
- Result in research outcomes and the exchange of skills and knowledge of mutual benefit to Australia and Germany.
Go8 Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme Video
Objectives and scope of the scheme
The scheme will support exchanges for Australian researchers to spend time at partner institutions in Germany and for collaborating German researchers to spend time at Go8 universities.
Exchange participants must either be employed as academic staff members in a teaching and research or research only role at a Go8 university, or a PhD student involved in the research project submitted by an eligible staff member.
The criteria to be used in assessing Australian applications include:
- the quality of the research project;
- the experience and track record of the participating researchers/research groups and the level of involvement of early career researchers;
- the potential of the project to result in outcomes of mutual benefit to Australia and Germany.
Application key dates
Applications for projects commencing in 2014 open on 1 April 2013 and close on 28 June 2013.
Requests for further information about the scheme from potential applicants in Go8 universities should, in the first instance, be directed to the relevant contact officer in each institution's research office (details below). Further information may be obtained from:
Dr Martin Grabert, Director, International and Business Relations, The Group of Eight, ph: 02 6239 5488 email@example.com
Go8 Contact Officers